Wednesday, February 5, 2014

MCT Thursday Challenge-Sketch

MCT Thursday Challenge-Sketch

Hello everyone! Emma from MCT has a new Thursday challenge of following a sketch.  I had to find pictures, which I spread everywhere.  Then I sketched out my own plan to follow Emma’s sketch.  I dug through all my MCT stamps and dies and pulled out the ones I wanted to use, or thought I would use.  I will admit there were more than I actually used.

This is my take on the sketch.  An Archer layout of my son and his first year of 4H Shooting Sports-Archery.  Super proud of how fast he picked up the sport.

I did my best to follow, but I couldn’t include a typewriter as it just did not go with camo (which truthfully I don’t love) or archers!

I used a leftover strip of some Realtree camo paper.  I used muted oranges, greens, and browns.  

I used the Tag Dies for the journaling block and stamped the graph stamp from Get Schooled.  

I used the arrow from Stitched Round Tab, Arrow & Tag dies to hold the word SON from Here’s Lookin’ At You.  I attached them with some staples that I have had forever!



To make my target I used the circles from Build a Banner Kit and Scallop & Stitched Circle dies.  I also drug out my old Creative Memories circle punches to finish the look.  I, again, used an arrow and cut it out and placed it with a pop dot.

The word archer is from the Lowercase Fun Dies.  Layered with orange and brown.

I used the arrow strip from It’s All About You to separate the two sides of the page.  Two sentiments are from Just Simply Live.  And finally I used the Fun Stitched Edges to edge the top of the tag, and the top and bottom of the photo page.  


MCT Products Used
It’s All About You
Fun Stitched Dies
Just Simply Live
Get Schooled
Stitched Round Tab, Arrow & Tag Dies
Here’s Lookin’ At You
Lowercase Fun Dies
Scallop & Stitched Circle Dies
Build a Banner Kit
Tag Dies
You Are Here

Thanks for looking, feel free to follow me in any way.  J

Kristi






3 comments:

jessica said...

What an awesome LO!! Love how you used the sketch and all the MCT products to make this such a GREAT memory!
Thanks for sharing and linking this up at My Creative Time!

Cindy Beland said...

AWESOME job with MCT sketch, your layout looks FANTASTIC!!!Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time Challenge!!! :)

snappy scrappy said...

Great job with the sketch!!! Love the colours, thanks for playing along with us at My Creative Time!!!
Lee-Ann :)